I'm just one person, just two hands, just one heart. I have everything to offer.


This blog brings together resources and stories for other young caregivers and families dealing with the effects of Alzheimer's and the many OTHER forms of dementia including Dementia with Lewy Bodies, Creutzfeldt-Jakob Disease, Frontal Lobe Dementia, Huntington’s Disease , Parkinson’s Disease, Mild Cognitive Impairment, Wernicke-Korsakoff Syndrome, Mixed Dementia, Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus, Pick’s Disease and Vascular Dementia.


Tuesday, November 2, 2010

"Grandma, this is just a healing place... you can go home tomorrow"

I lied... I lie because I care about you. Today was a rough day. You are in a new home. The move was simple... but I know YOU know it is still not home. I wish I had you here, cognitively I mean, so I could ask for advice. So I could find out how you would handle these situations. I wish I could remember more of how you handled things when you took care of Great Grandma Mary and Great Grandpa Ray. I wish I had the strength, the financial capability to keep you in "your" home until the day you pass on to the next world. I am here for you regardless... until the day comes that we cannot share this world. I will have no regret.

To find caregiver support in your area check out your local Alzheimer's Association site at http://www.alz.org/. If you are a young adult interested in advocating on a broader scale, contact me, or check us out online. YAAA!, Young Advocates for the Alzheimer's Association serving the Desert Southwest Chapter including Arizona and Southern Nevada. Open to the world of caregivers. You are not alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment